Friday, January 7, 2022

Pushing on the Ocean #7

Door opens, a slight wisp makes the dirt swirl up in a wind tunnel. 

Two weeks- its been quiet and still. But today, the light blinks on with my movement. The hum breaks the silence. It feels a bit in disarray- piles of graded papers amuck on my desk. Board filled with December data.

I make a spin and take it all in. This realm comes alive. This space, a horizon, beach front. Grains of possibility, meet a current of foamy curiosity. This ocean, salty and crisp- is gleaming now in the light.

I love my classroom. It sparks productiveness. It glimmers creativity. After a break- its waves and brine sting at first- but it lures. Toes first, then feet, body. I lunge into its depth and welcome the sea creatures and algae that entangle me.

Pushing on the ocean, brings the rush of retreating holiday slumberness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...