Monday, February 10, 2020

You Know the Moment When..... (41)

You know the moment when..... your brain freezes and you forget what you were going to say. It happens to me sometimes. I'm getting old.

You know the moment when..... you are just so frustrated you vent, out loud- for me it's cussing. I am pretty good about doing this when I am alone though, in 18 years of teaching I have never cussed in front of a student.

You know the moment when..... a student has just pushed your buttons and you snap, usually by raising your voice to redirect, rather than mindfully addressing them individually- I did this today.

You know the moment when..... you, raised your voice at a student, then afterwards, later in the class you had a private conversation. I apologized today- letting them know it wasn't mindful of me to raise my voice- she replied "I am sorry Mrs. CJ, I wasn't mindful either, cause I caused you to get angry" ...sigh

You know the moment when..... you have to take a step back and reflect. When the day is long and every class just pushes your buttons (Monday's).

You know the moment when..... you realize its only Monday

You know the moment when..... teaching becomes a chore- its temporary, I bounce back quickly, but it surfaces. I hate that feeling.

You know the moment when..... you take the time to reflect, really think about things and you come to terms with...nothing's perfect, no day is flawless, accept- take responsibility and move on.

You know the moment when..... after a long day, you want to unwind but you remember you haven't posted your blog for the 41st day in a row- #EduBlogYear. I got out of bed and am writing this now, 9:00 pm on Monday night.

You know the moment..... after you write a post and feel relieved, you did it. I just had that moment.

Now, with a migraine approaching....so is the moment I rest, lights out with an episode of Numbers. My comfort show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...