Thursday, February 27, 2020

Peppermint Invigorate (58)

Peppermint is such a beautiful smell. Loud, vivacious- a bit of rashness. Yet, it is a calming force too. It can burn the eyes if its intense enough. It is minty fresh in gum. It's also pretty tasty in a latte from Starbucks. But, for me- it's a migraine/headache soother. I put it on my temples and it helps lower my blood pressure- easing the pressure and pain. I use it frequently this time of year. My students always smell and ask- "Do you have a headache Mrs. CJ?"

Today, I need it again. The cold pressure front has rolled in. My head feels like it is in a vice. My eyes are tingling from the oil on my temples. Yet, the pressure has eased a bit. I also use lavender and lemon oil for calm. Essential oils are a part of my health regimen actually. Mint helps settle the stomach too. It's amazing how simple aromatherapy works. I rarely take pills or pain relievers, my substitute natural ingredients, simply made.

Today is a simply made day. Peppermint, dimmed lights and students finishing their project research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...