Saturday, February 29, 2020

You Get Out of It What You Put in to It (60)

A constant machine, generating, recycling, transforming- producing. Energy like a hive mind- buzzing buzzing- figuring things out. Over processing, over thinking. When you consistently add to the engine, lubricate it- it powers your personal drive. Fuel it, it will keep you mobile, keeping the world accessible. Feed it- nourish it, it will rev and accelerate. It is entirely what you put into the circuit, that lights up the room.

Soaking up the bumps, windshield wipers on, swish, swish. The water repels, sliding off the vehicle, halted in traffic. Horns honking- distraction. Thick fog- clouding initiative. Yet, through the thickness of an over active mind- buzz buzz- there is an alternate toll road, I choose to pay. Time, exchanged for a bit of enlightenment. I put in the coinage, to get the convenience of clarity. Clarity can be expensive, but worth every penny.

I choose to avoid those who make me feel, not enough, I gravitate towards those who make me feel, special and enough. If I find those people, they are the fuel. They are the lubricant. They are the electrical charge, of my environmentally friendly chariot. This conveyance lifts, soars- I the passenger. I understand the significance of putting in what you need, to get what you want. I take the reigns- willingly, to conquer the race, letting them ride along side me, in their own chariots- battling their own concerns. Letting them lead at every turn, until the final lap.

Mechanism, wheels spinning- four minds eager to blend into the honey- sweet nectar of thought and inspiration. Observe, patience- looking for ways to nudge. I only get away with it, if I understand the function, of every part of mentoring- I must let in the entanglement, let the imbroglio take its time. They need to surrender to the quandary- face their deficiencies. They need to experience the full weight, of the loss, of what they didn't put in. We want to solve, yet we need to lead by omission.

A constant machine, rumbling under the din of giggles and gasps. Wins and loses. Two roles, meander around one another- educator, coach. In touch with muddle and network. Every piece, topples- switches-pushes-lifts until it begins again. Quit while you are ahead- lean in and accept the lesson. I a bio-mechanic. I a trajectory that led to weight shift and energy conservation.

I caught the wind and sung. At first subtle and constrained, then loud- sending vibrations into their spirit. A tiring day- we got out of it, what we put in to it. Each of us a different degree, a unique perspective, a propulsion both energizing and depleting. But, overall- we traveled, we added mileage to our journey- we experienced and we proved to ourselves, we possess aerodynamics and the inertia to overcome the friction of competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...