Monday, March 14, 2022

Pi Day

It is amazing how much notoriety a number has. An infamous number, Pi. Like May the 4th behind it as the Star Wars festivity. We love to celebrate. We wear green, drink Margarita's and dress in full regalia. We paint eggs, adorn trees with colorful lights and watch the darkened skies for vibrant, explosions of independence. We send hearts to loved ones, baskets of flowers to mothers and ties to fathers. We even celebrate our teachers, assistants and grand parents. All deserving of gratitude of course.

Why do we celebrate all of the above- we need something to tie us together. Commonality. Inclusion and connectedness.

We celebrate cookies, sausage, pets and donuts. If we created it or found it- we celebrate it. National this or that day. International this or that day. It is crazy. But we humans like to celebrate. To feel proud, happy and energetic. I for one am all about the little celebrations- we need them as of late. I celebrate finding my keys, making it to work on time, my coffee in the morning. I celebrate finishing a blog posts, getting a great evaluation. I celebrate student success, lessons that went well and the end of the day.

But I celebrate just as much beginning a new day- waking up and seeing my family. Petting my over affectionate cats. Listening to great tunes.

and for this I celebrate. This realization that celebration is a glue. The confetti. The warm hot tea. The calm on a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...