Thursday, December 31, 2020

My One Word- Resolute (366)

Resolute is digging in- steadfast anchor. Determination wrapped up in a blanket of perseverance and optimism. It is looking at the world with curiosity and wonder- all the while keeping ones head out of the clouds and more stationary in the here and now. Imagination lit up, whimsy and excitement surrounding- but a level of grounding. This root system is the branches of resoluteness.

This network of belief, confidence, dare devil enthusiasm. This is what keeps me moving forward. There is no up, down, left or right. There is no east, west, south or north. There is only momentum and avoidance of inertia. There is only a focus, deep seeded within the tunnels and pathways of hope and follow-through.

My sentinels are in place. My field clear. My vision open. I am embarking not on something entirely new. I am not rebuilding. I am not purchasing new materials or tools. I am merely recycling and shuffling my old materials around a bit. For great ideas when forgotten do not lose their ingenuity or creativity. They simply need a resurfacing. A recognition.

So my year is about minimalism and engineering. Not tossing out the old but repurposing it. Being resolute to me is accepting what I let go as a purposeful. The tools I found useless can be altered to give new insight. So resolute for me is my word. To anticipate, acknowledge and accept. Then to do something about it. Actively seek change. Actively seek purpose. Actively seek transformation.

2021 is not a year for big changes - sweeping epic changes. It may be relocation. It may be publishing. It may be a few big, audacious alterations. But for the most part- I am focusing on the incremental. The beginning with an end in sight. The middle, well that is the exciting part. That is what makes everything worth it. The flexibility to find life awesome.

2021 I am resolute. I am flexible. I am imagining the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...