Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Lunge to Luck, Buck the Unluck (329)

Have you ever wondered why what appears to be good fortune always favors certain people? When these elite, plunge into the excrement of life, they swim out of the quagmire smelling of roses. How do they do it? Is it perspective, perseverance, disposition, or just pure luck? I read, watch, listen to amazing stores of triumph and satisfaction. I wonder to myself what am I doing wrong?

I wallow in my self-pity, my doubt, my overwhelming guilt. Why didn't I try harder? Why didn't I save more- need less? Why am I not pushing myself to another level? Then I plan, I design, I configure and orchestrate. Then I let the dust settle from the momentum- and end up in the same place, wondering, how did I get here?

Its fear, its doubt, its embarrassment that I can not do what other people do. I accept my limitations, liabilities and lamentations. I am prepared to buck the unluck because it is in all actuality, imaginary.

Yes, we are surrounded by our circumstances, we often feel trapped, smothered, locked into a self-fulfilling prophecy. But we are not. No one is standing in our way. We have been given a deck, we are inevitably forced to play, but within that stack are wild cards and flushes. 

We just need to double down sometimes. 

Read the tells. 

Remove the shackles and swim. Not necessarily up steam. Not necessarily into the main stream. Not necessarily to shore. We just need to swim. Lunge towards luck. Arms outstretched like a welcoming. Legs kicking with such ferocity that the water simply parts, in order for us to cross the vastness of current and storm. 

I do not believe in luck. 

I believe in tenacity and strength. 

Yes, some people are born into wealth. Others thrust into fame and popularity. But with those gifts- comes the downside of them. If nothing else in this circumstance, if we do not fall trodden to complacency- we have won. If we do not compare ourselves to those with a stronghold on recognition- we have conquered. If we do not listen to negativity as if it was the final word- we have succeeded.

The war now is on many fronts. Despair, depression, isolation. Political and moral. Viral and contagion. Doubt and anxiety. We are all standing on the turret, we can see the angles, the edges, the progression of these invaders. We must not let the flag of surrender rise, but instead raise the shield of go. The shield of action. The shield of awareness, and let it fly in its place.

This is not a knell or a sentence- it is an opportunity to do better, be better. Model better behavior. Better action. Better.

Even if no one is looking. 

When we feel the strength of grace, we allow it to warm our spirit and our minds. When we allow ourselves a moment of grace, we can then indeed begin to see past the creeping shadow of circumstance. We can see to the end of the tunnel. See past the haunted, scary grooves of the under pass.

We must endure the darkness, for it is raging, but we must also have a battle plan. You have a battle plan- and you are the general, so go - charge ahead. It will not be luck, it will be foresight and patience. Endurance and fortitude. It will be you, that bucks the unluck and lunges towards the possibilities you create.

I see you on a hill, overlooking the calm fields of triumph. The defeated long gone. I see you atop the victory mound, of your creation- and on your face relief, determination and resolve. For you know the next wave of invaders, will always be on the horizon- but your arsenal is full and your mind clear. You feel it in your bones- you got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...