Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Mental Health: So Many Gray's, Onslaught and Agility (148)

One minute its sunny and giant, puffy, clouds are slowly meandering across the blue sky. Each blue a slightly different shade, like a subtle blending of hue. A life sized ombre, its spectacular. There is a spring in my step, as I walk beneath luscious brogue. The moment is full of stories and memories- both carrying me into comfortability, welcomed.

It changes abruptly, blues transform into gray's- hiding any sharpness of beauty. Covering the scenery with a layer of despair, even before the darkness does. Sudden alteration. My mood vibrates from one of "hello, I am outside, joyful and eager"- to one of "oh no, this storm is going to bring some heavy winds." The calm, stirs. The gentle ambiance of summer, weighs itself down, with an onslaught of tropical weather.

Indoors becomes a necessity. The flash bang of lightning, only moments before the rumbling of thunder. The distance between clear and drenched, happens without any fanfare. Heavy deluge, slapping windows. Sideways rain, knocking against thick exteriors, making them seem fragile. Like the big bad wolf is huffing and puffing beyond them.

I stand, no longer hopeful- ombre now dark and gloomy, brewing in the cauldron of hazard. Tree's are bending, agility clear, as they whip and surge against fences. No windshield wipers, so its hard to see the chaos. But, the static electricity tingles. Shock waves, jettison gloom. I frown at the disruption. Yearning to stand inside the turmoil outside.

Launch cancelled. Excursion delayed. Hail, pop, pop, falling hard against the grass. Applause from the symphony, of low and high, cold and warm, swimming in the landscape. The rumbles shake the house, percussion. The pitches- at frequencies piercing, the wind ensemble is deafening. The deep baritone of strings, plucking around the entirety. It's loud.

Own the feeling. Embracing the mood swing. Its a stark contrast- like the sky, the weather, the noise of nature. Quickly tumbling, from one extreme to the next. Often we can't reign in our emotions, like the weather it might be predicted, yet it changes on a dime. As I focus on the sound, building and disappearing- I let it sweep away my melancholy. 

As the lightning crackles and hisses, the thunder responds with a menacing cackle, so startling, the hair stands up, on the back of my neck. I jump. Lights flicker on and off. It is not letting up. My phone hums- tornado watch, thunderstorm warning- stay inside.

All I can think is "we know already." Inside is a place we are familiar with.

Radar flashing red. 
Look ahead. 
Rainfall plentiful. 
Stay mindful. 
Flash flood
Prepare for mud. 

This is going to get messy. This will be swirling for awhile. Do I hear tornado sirens? Open the door, they are whining in the distance. Moving more inward, more isolated, into an area more protected.

I guess, I'd better write some more- it helps me keep even keeled. 

Today, may seem somber and solemn- but honestly, its kind of refreshing. I plan on attacking this mermaid style- swim a little, then get my footing on solid ground. Welcome to the siren's call, handling it all, in calm succession.

The sound is dissipating- whine becomes wind once again. Harm passes over us. But the wind and rain continue. Close quarters. We decide to stay close, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...