Friday, January 21, 2022

Why Pets are So Important to Me #21

Why are pets so important to me? My cats purr and kneed and make them selves comfortable around me- in sickness and in health. They lie on me and push their heads into my chin for attention. I love my cats. They take turns coming upstairs to check on me. They meow and jump on the bed and just habitat near me.

This makes me feel connected. 

I'm not sick very often, but when I get super sick, it tends to eb and flow- I get bed ridden then have a week maybe of wellness and then illness rears its ugly head again and takes me down worse the second time. It happens a few times a year- beginning of fall then again in the winter. This last month has been not a good month. Stomach flu for a week, migraines terrible for a week then upper respiratory and dry coughs, Covid like symptoms for the last week.

Its exhausting and you get stressed and this weakens your immune system even more. Its a vicious cycle. The only thing you can do to pull out of it, sleep and rest and let everything else go. Just focus on yourself. I went to work in between- it wore me down. I never take enough time to fully recoup and thus I generally get nailed twice. You'd think I'd learn by now- but my body betrays me. "Hey, see you feel better, get out of bed, go to work- you just need a distraction." So I do, then, "Oops, I apologize, I guess I wasn't quite ready and now you have exasperated the illness- so I guess you need to get antibiotics now- drink lots of fluids."

This is where I am- the resurgence. A word we are hearing a lot lately. We are in the middle of a surge- where 1 in 5 people are sick and most of those have Covid. Scary statistics these days.

I am going to sleep a lot these next ten days. My school is virtual due the surge the whole next week. I will rest. I will drink lots of fluids. I will stay quiet as much as I can until my hoarse, almost vanishes voice regains its composure. I will know I am lucky because I had the opportunity to be vaccinated and boostered so my symptoms are bad but not deadly. I will be patient, knowing that I will feel better soon. I will do what I can, what i feel up to and not feel an ounce of guilt letting everything else fall to the wayside temporarily.

But, I can type. So I will write.

and as I do- one of my cats is pushing on my keyboard, and I am constantly needing to correct the typos- but its all good. It reminds me to smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...