Thursday, April 2, 2020

Just Mindful Quotes (93) A Zen Post

Today I got my Zen Desk Calendar. I know its April- but I wanted a daily visual I could use every day to help me just as I sign on, transfer into teacher mode- some simple quote to help me look inward. Here are my favorites of January-March. Today is inward reflection, not outward. So a simple post.

Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does- Epictetus



Meditation is when you sit down and do nothing. Poetry is when you sit down and do something- Norman Fischer



Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder- E.B. White


Awe is everywhere, we just don't always perceive it- Alain De Botton



A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience- Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.



There is nothing you need to do first in order to be enlightened- Thaddeus Golas


'Tis very puzzling on the brink
Of what is called Eternity to stare,
And know no more of what is here
than there -Lord Byron



Nothing is more ancient than the truth- Rene' Descartes



The truth is rarely pure and never simple- Oscar Wilde



If you don't become the ocean, you'll be seasick every day- Leonard Cohen




No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...