Wednesday, March 25, 2020

"Stop and Smell the Roses" Antiquated Notion, or Forgotten Awareness (85)

When we look up from our phones, reconnect with the world around us, we see the most amazing things. I saw this on the way back from Albuquerque.


Actually look at things as you pass by, there are some pretty fun signs. I saw this down the street from my house, today.


I was in the passenger seat today, just looking out at the world. Heeding the words "Stop and smell the roses." By "Pause, look and the world will share with you the most humorous and beautiful stories."


A 360 degree turn and the sky, the same gorgeous sky that has always graced this planet, this location, was singing pinks and blues. Reminding me to just breathe.






Finally, I literally stopped to "Smell the roses." Hidden in the corner of my yard- this peach beauty. She whispered "Stay outside awhile. Let's play hide n seek. Come find me."



Then the afternoon sun eclipsed through and warmed my skin. Replenishing me with Vitamin D. It was time to step inside and reflect. Reconnect. Re-energized for the day's events, most of which will be inside.

But, outside has the most amazing stories to tell. Especially the clouds, they are the loudest for me.



All we have to do is pause, breathe and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

B.B.'s, Bunnies, and Rogue Tortillas

Schools don't have signs "122 days since our last incident" We have strange happenings every day.Some little, unnoticeable to ...